Friday, August 29, 2008

Foospiration Aug 27th

I have been a slacker this week on postings.....My mind has been else where as I have dealt with a death. How blessed we are with the knowledge we have of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Eternal Families. How could we live from day to day and face what we face without this wonderful knowledge. I am so grateful for my testimony of the gospel and Eternal Families. Even at death we are not separated from the ones we love.

Thought: Death, though bitter to observe, is not the end, but is, rather, only another graduation from which we go on to a better life."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Recipe:
Cowboy Stew
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 (7 1/2 ounce) package Spanish or Mexican rice mix
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (chili style)
1 can diced chilies
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
Directions
Spray the bottom and sides of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
Layer the browned ground beef, rice mix, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes (do not drain), and corn in crock pot. Do not stir.
Cover and heat on low for 4 hours or until rice is tender. Stir well and serve. Can add cheese, sour cream and corn chips.
This is SOOO good! I could eat it all myself.

No comments: