Monday, July 21, 2008

Rest in peace!


(Second attempt!)


Last year for Christmas I received this beautiful kitchen aid! Absolutely loved it. I would make bread in it about once a week. We have been counseled to have food storage and to have wheat on hand. We have a HUGE grinder that we have used to grind our wheat. At our house in Caldwell, we would store it in the garage. Whenever we needed to grind some wheat, we would just do it on the floor of the garage instead of trying to pack the thing in the house. The other day I was out of wheat flour, so I went out in the garage to grind some wheat so I could make some bread. I learned that there wasn't enough amps in the garage to run it, so it kept kicking the circuit breaker. Joe being the nice guy that he is ordered me a grinder attachment for the kitchen aid so that I could just grind it in the house. The attachment came and he decided to give it a try. After carefully reading the directions we learned that you could grind up to ten cups of wheat before you needed to let it cool. We didn't even get two cups ground, when it burnt up!!!!! A FYI.... the kitchen aid artisan style the gears are plastic and will over heat A LOT faster. Joe then lugs the HUGE grinder into the house and sets in on the counter. He proceeds to grind some wheat and has about 10 cups ground in 5 minutes........................


Rest in peace my friend!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jarom & Corinne said...

That stinks, i would send it back!!! Hey thanks for the recipe pages. I have been super bad about doing them, but i promise i will, sometime!!! :)